March 24, 2010

Radeon 5850!

So after doing much debat­ing and pon­der­ing I decid­ed today to final­ly bite the bul­let and get a Direct X 11 card.  DX11 add’s alot to the game.  I’ve been play­ing bad com­pa­ny 2 for awhile now so I know what it looks like in DX10.  I must say the upgrade from DX10 to DX11 IS astound­ing.  The sun­set locals on the water are amaz­ing.  The water actu­al­ly looks like real water.  I found myself want­i­ng to swim in it… scary huh.  I’ve only had about and hour of game play on the card but from what I can tell it’s  a large step for­ward.
Now com­ing from a 4890 which I ran maxed I can defi­nat­ly tell a dif­fer­ence… things feel far smoother… the maps look crisper.  Every­thing feels bet­ter.  I even think some of my images look bet­ter.  This could be me glo­ri­fy­ing the card but so far I like what I see.    I’ll keep you post­ed on what I find.
The card sports 1gb of GDDR5 mem­o­ry and has 1440 steam proces­sors, 1000mhz mem­o­ry clock, 725 mhz core clock with a 256bit mem­o­ry inter­face.  The card also sup­ports DX11.  I dropped 300 even on this card here local­ly at a shop called DIT.  It was actu­al­ly 33 dol­lars below the newegg price so I fig­ured I could­n’t go wrong.  If you have been on the fence about get­ting a 5800 series card but don’t want to drop the $420 the $300 5850 is a sure bet to boost your gam­ing expe­ri­ence.  So far I love this card.  Well have more to fol­low soon!

1. PimpmasterF - March 25, 2010 11:35 am

DX11 FTW! so howd you talk the wifey into drop­pin 300 on a GPU? LOL.

2. mrp00n - March 25, 2010 10:07 pm

no shit.. i’d have to be sneaky as hell…

3. thsoundman - March 25, 2010 10:20 pm

Well I told her I need­ed it for oth­er things 🙂 No I nego­ti­at­ed with her. She is going to be get­ting a new art set in the mail com­ing up here soon. Thats going to run about the same price. I was actu­al­ly suprised she let me get it but she’s always been a real­ly sup­port­ive wife. One of the rea­sons I mar­ried the gal… she’s fing awe­some 😛

4. PimpmasterF - March 26, 2010 5:57 pm

Right on, nego­ti­a­tions is how I get shit to, Although I was quite sur­prised when my wife let me spend $600 on a new PSU and HD 5870 with no strings attached. I how­ev­er will not be so lucky next tax sea­son, If I want the $1300 Smith & Wes­son Assault Rifle from Gan­der Moun­tain (the one that mim­icks the M4) she gets a new Dia­mond. 😀

5. thsoundman - March 27, 2010 10:05 am

Mar­riage is lit­ter­aly a seri­ous of nego­ti­a­tions, treaties and com­pro­mis­es. It’s like pol­i­tics you know?

6. PimpmasterF - March 27, 2010 5:15 pm

yes…yes I do know and it gets freakin annoy­ing at times but hey I love the woman and shes come around alot to the things Im into.

7. DeathProof - March 27, 2010 8:26 pm

They don’t have to under­stand us, just sup­port us, lol.

8. thsoundman - April 8, 2010 12:35 pm

But with under­stand­ing comes great ben­e­fits. I work hard for my cash and i want to get things when I get it. I have found how­ev­er that if I talk things through with her and make her under­stand my view­point it makes things far less dif­fi­cult.