April 14, 2010

Bad Company 2 PC Load Time Fix

A set of beta dri­vers have been released which seemed to have fixed the load time issues plagu­ing BC2 PC users.  I know this has been a pain in my side as I am a Radeon 5850 own­er.   I would eas­i­ly spend 1 minute or more load­ing into the game.   These dri­vers work beau­ti­ful­ly for me.  You can down­load the dri­vers from here from the EA forums.  Please let us here at TheGamers­Blog know how your dri­vers worked for you!

1. thsoundman - April 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Final­ly my slow load­ing days are over!!!

2. Hippie - April 15, 2010 7:01 am

Good to hear, as I might upgrade to an ATI soon. How long did the wait used to be?

3. thsoundman - April 15, 2010 8:03 am

Oh I was eas­i­ly spend­ing 60+ sec­onds load­ing the game and I run a pret­ty damn good rig too. I could­n’t fig­ure out for the life of me why it was tak­ing so long. Lit­tle dig­ging on the inter­net proved it to be a ATI dri­ver issue. Nvidia users, even ones of old­er cards in the 8800 series, were load­ing the game in less then ten sec­onds. I remem­ber some­times I would load into a rush map only to find the first part of the map had been tak­en.

4. Hippie - April 15, 2010 8:46 am

Yeah im using an 8800GTX at the moment and the load­ing times havent been a prob­lem. The dri­vers are the thing im a lit­tle cau­tious about with the ATI’s, but I hope they arent too bad. Good to see they have a fix for bad com­pa­ny though.

5. thsoundman - April 15, 2010 9:15 am

I was an Nvidia Fan as well for a long time. Fact my last card was the PNY 8800GT. How­ev­er after the ATI 4870 I am a firm believ­er in ATI. Their cards are gen­er­al­ly qui­eter, faster, cheap­er and cool­er. As i don’t make a ton of mon­ey the price/performance ratio is REALLY impor­tant to me. Wel­come to the site by the way!

6. Hippie - April 15, 2010 9:29 am

Thanks mate. Those rea­sons are why im think­ing about get­ting an ATI, I was wait­ing for the new Nvidias to come out, but it seems like they are too pow­er hun­gry, some­thing ive always dis­liked about Nvidia.

7. DeathProof - April 15, 2010 9:57 am

Your right, my 8800 with quad core CPU loads that shiz fast lol. ATI next for me too 🙂

8. thsoundman - April 15, 2010 10:02 am

Not only that but the pric­ing just seems to expen­sive. Espe­cial­ly to the Australian,UK, Euro­pean, etc. One of my friends lived in Hol­land and he was eas­i­ly pay­ing 1 — 200 more for parts then I was. I paid 200 for my Vid card. He wound up pay­ing almost dou­ble that for the same part.

9. T8 - April 15, 2010 10:38 am

Each ATI card’s Nvidia coun­ter­part has out pre­formed the ATI card, each and every time. Nvidia cards are known to run cool­er on over clocked speeds, which is why they are the cur­rent leader in PC graph­ics. I love ATI as well because the price for stan­dard per­for­mance is won­der­ful. But Nvidia has the mon­ey to lead the mar­ket and always will.

10. Hippie - April 15, 2010 10:58 am

True, but id rather save some pow­er then have that bit of extra per­for­mance. As for the price thing its around that much more as well here in Aus­tralia, I was actu­al­ly think­ing about import­ing one from the U.S but im not sure how much I will save at the moment.

11. thsoundman - April 15, 2010 11:19 am

T8 that argue­ment has a hard time apply­ing. Yes if you put a GTX480 vs Radeon HD 5870 yes it is going to apply but thats what you should expect when you are com­par­ing a card thats 100+ more expen­sive. If I’m pay­ing 100 extra dol­lars the card damn well bet­ter be faster. So yes the Nvidia card will be faster.
    If you are ONLY com­par­ing card to card… then yes Nvidia will be faster but if you take it all the oth­er fac­tors ATI has quite the advan­tage IMO. Just me 2 cents 😛
    Per­son­al­ly I don’t see why Nvidia com­pares the GTX 480 to the 5870 when the card is far more com­pa­ra­ble to the Radeon 5970. Just an Idea.

12. T8 - April 15, 2010 2:10 pm

the 5970 is basi­cal­ly two GPUs blocked togeth­er, much like the 295. That is why they can­not be com­pared.
    If you are look­ing to save some money/power, get an xbox 360 and call it quits.
    You are pay­ing 100 dol­lars extra for the head­room. This also applies to Intel vs AMD. You pay more for an Intel proc because of its head­room.
    But to each his own, what plays nice with you, might not play nice with oth­ers.

13. AiR - April 16, 2010 6:53 pm

i have a sin­gle 9800gt with 1gb of mem­o­ry on it and my load times are usu­al­ly between 15 to 30 sec­onds between map changes. I play on 1400x1050 rez with every­thing on high and hbao off. 4x aa and 16x a‑filtering. and the game runs smooth as hell. will be upgrad­ing to a 475gtx as they become more avail­able.

14. T8 - April 17, 2010 12:54 am

AIR look into doing a RAID con­fig on ur HDD and that will change ur load­ing times to noth­ing 😀

15. thsoundman - April 17, 2010 12:42 pm