July 10, 2010

Xbox Live starts Summer of Arcade

Inside Xbox has shown that the Sum­mer of Arcade is upon us exclu­sive­ly on Xbox live. Here is a look at whats to come.

First up is Lim­bo. This creepy look­ing game is a side scrolling 2D puz­zle game done in all black and white. Promis­es to be very addict­ing.

Any­one remem­ber the clas­sic arcade super boat rac­ing game? That right Hydro Thun­der is back with sequal and an all new look. Hydro Thun­der Hur­ri­cane brings back the fast pace rac­ing with sin­gle and mul­ti­play­er modes.

And if one clas­sic was­n’t enough how about Castl­e­va­nia: Har­mo­ny of Despair. Castl­e­va­nia is brought back dust­ed off and giv­en new life for a new­er audi­ence. But no wor­ries as it promis­es to still keep the old Castl­e­va­nia feel you know and love.

Are you ready for some com­bat?? Mon­day Night Com­bat is a 3rd per­son shoot­er where you take on ene­my teams to win mon­ey for upgrades and weapons and it’s a sport! This will also have a mul­ti­play­er fea­ture.

Last­ly we bring back Lara Croft in a new adven­ture titled Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. This time she goes after the mir­ror of smoke and teams up with the mir­rors guardian to find it. It will be filled with action, puz­zles, and plen­ty to explore. It has a Dia­blo or Baul­der’s gate look as it will sup­port sin­gle and co-op play.
The release dates for these titles are:
Lim­bo — July 21
Hydro Thun­der Hur­ri­cane — July 28
Castl­e­va­nia: Har­mo­ny of Despair — August 4
Mon­day Night Com­bat — August 11
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light — August 18
All games will cost 1200 Microsoft points each
Now Microsoft is also run­ning a rebate for these games. If you buy 3 or 4 games you will receive a rebate of 400 Microsoft points. If you get all 5 you will get a rebate of 1200 points.
Don’t know about you but I am def­i­nite­ly going to check out a few of these.

1. thsoundman - July 11, 2010 10:34 am

I’ve actu­al­ly heard there are quite a few good games on XBlive arcade. The Tombraider Guard­ing game actu­al­ly looks real­ly good. I think I might actu­al­ly buy it when it comes out. I’m a huge fan of the tombraider series and would like to see more. I believe a game called shad­ow­grounds got amaz­ing reviews not to long ago for being a amaz­ing game. Hydrothun­der is anoth­er great game and I might pick that one up as well.

2. ScrotusKilmystr - July 11, 2010 3:11 pm

well atleast 2 of these titles caught my eye Lim­bo looks very intrest­ing and artis­ticly intrigu­ing. then theres Hydro Thun­der reminds me of the good ole mall arcades and giant “sit-in” games that were real­ly fun. Mon­day Night Com­bat I’m kind of iffy on because it looks like they ripped of team fortress alit­tle to much

3. ZarikX - July 11, 2010 7:48 pm

Grrrr, I wish the Castl­e­va­nia would hit the Playsta­tion Net­work. Sohma and Alu­card are the shit. If only con­stant nag­ging would help in this case. >_<

4. thsoundman - July 11, 2010 7:56 pm

LOL if you send them 100 mail a day maybe they will lis­ten 😛

5. thsoundman - July 12, 2010 1:06 pm

Zarik and Scro­tus I saw your reg­is­tra­tions on the forums but I did­n’t see you in my user list did you get the con­fir­ma­tion email?

6. ZarikX - July 12, 2010 1:49 pm

Yeah, I did.

7. AceOfNades69 - July 12, 2010 2:22 pm

I am very inter­est­ed in Lim­bo. That is a def­i­nite buy for me. I can already see late late nights with that one.

8. thsoundman - July 12, 2010 2:34 pm

Excel­lent! Whats lim­bo sup­posed to be about? Looks sort of odd to be hon­est. Castl­e­va­nia looks like it might be inter­est­ing too. I’ve per­son­al­ly nev­er played it and yes I know that is some form of blas­phe­my.

9. AceOfNades69 - July 12, 2010 2:44 pm

They haven’t giv­en much away on Limbo…keeping a lid on it pret­ty good. All that we know is what it will look like and the object of the game will be to just get to the end of the lev­el. They will throw things at you (one of which is a giant spi­der) and will present you will obsta­cles that you will have to fig­ure out how to get around. An exam­ple is one game­play shot I saw was you had to get on top of a plat­form, but there were no obvi­ous ways to get up there. How­ev­er there was a giant bug fly­ing around and you can jump and grab its legs and it would fly you up high enough to jump off and get to the plat­form.

10. Scythoro - July 12, 2010 3:56 pm

I can cer­tain­ly see myself pur­chas­ing Lim­bo. Any clue as to how sim­i­lar it is to Braid?

11. thsoundman - July 12, 2010 4:03 pm

What is Braid? SO MANY GAMES I HAVEN’T played!

12. AceOfNades69 - July 12, 2010 8:28 pm

I would say its a much more creepy, dark­er ver­sion of Braid. Lim­bo will have more empha­sis on lev­el nav­i­ga­tion. Basi­cal­ly the lev­el is a giant puz­zle, you will have to fig­ure out the cor­rect path and order of things to com­plete it.