March 25, 2011

Heroes of Newerth: $10 Account Weekend!

Some of you may remem­ber the arti­cle I did a while back about the Future of DotA. One of the games I men­tioned, Heroes of New­erth, is cur­rent­ly on sale. While any­one can down­load the client, you need an account (usu­al­ly a one-time fee of $30) to play. Accounts are cur­rent­ly on sale for only $10! If you’re like me and excit­ed for Dota 2, this is the game to prac­tice on. Almost all of the game is a direct port of DotA, with only a few minor bal­ance tweaks and upgrades. Get it at www.heroesofnewerth.com
The sale ends this Sun­day, March 27th, at 11:59 PM EST. Don’t miss your chance to get in on this game. Com­ment below if you did just pur­chase an account. We’ll link up and play! Trust me, this is a game where you don’t want to go it alone.
Cred­it for find­ing this out goes to fel­low Aspect Gamers mem­ber Amnes. Thanks a bunch, bro!

1. thsoundman - March 25, 2011 11:04 am

Where can i get it at? I don’t see a link?

2. CharcoalCoyote - March 25, 2011 12:13 pm

Fixed. http://Www.Heroesofnewerth.com

3. AceOfNades69 - March 25, 2011 7:38 pm

I am a big League of Leg­ends player.…is this like it? I am pro­l­ly gonna give it a shot either way.

4. CharcoalCoyote - March 25, 2011 7:52 pm

It’s quite sim­i­lar to League of Leg­ends, with a few dif­fer­ences.
    1: Deny­ing. by hit­ting “A” you can force an attack on your OWN creeps and tow­ers to deny the ene­my of last hits. Very impor­tant.
    2: All of the heroes are unlocked, and you see what heroes your oppo­nents pick, when they pick them.
    3: There are mul­ti­ple shops (Base, out­post, secret shop) through­out the map. Some sell dif­fer­ent things.
    4: You can get ani­mals called Couri­ers to bring items to and from places.
    5: The game is a tad more hard­core.
    6: Brazil­ians. So many brazil­ians.

5. AceOfNades69 - March 25, 2011 8:08 pm

lol…well I nev­er got to play DoTA, but League of Leg­ends got me hooked on the genre so I will have to check this out

6. CharcoalCoyote - March 26, 2011 6:24 pm

Well, any­one who wants to play with me can just add “Char­coal” in the game.