April 23, 2011

The End Has Come

Well as most have heard or encoun­tered the Playstaion Net­work is down. It has been down for about three days now. Now breath as you read I know its hard. This prob­lem could­n’t have come at a worse time for Playsta­tion either with the releas­es of Socom 4, Por­tal 2, and Mor­tal Kom­bat this week. I too am vic­tim for I can­not play Socom 4.….it still hurts. Now Sony has come out and said oh we have a serv­er hic­cup it should be fixed in two days time. Only it has­n’t been fixed. Sev­er­al excus­es and rea­sons for the out­age have made their way to the web includ­ing too much serv­er traf­fic with the new realses, down­load­able games crash­ing the serv­er, or even a hack­er attack. Basi­cal­ly what it boils down too is my games don’t work and I don’t know why.…QQ. How­ev­er there is anoth­er the­o­ry that needs to be explored. Skynet became self aware on April 19th.…coincidence? Hope­ful­ly Kevin But­ler can fight back the machine inva­sion and get our servers back online soon because I’m not sure how long peo­ple can last.

1. AceOfNades69 - April 23, 2011 3:40 pm

Some­one call the Gove­na­tor!

2. ScrotusKilmystr - April 24, 2011 6:23 am

accord­ing to Engadget.com it was ” Iden­ti­fied as an exter­nal intrusion.”…in oth­er words they where hacked and the servers are stay­ing off line for PSN and Qri­oc­i­ty until the breach was inden­ti­fied.….
    I guess there always XBL.….until it they final­ly down­load Bill Gates’ brain into it and he becomes the MCP.…

3. CharcoalCoyote - April 24, 2011 7:58 am

If the sys­tem fails, we still have board games. Every­one post address­es and then I’ll go buy some maps at local gas sta­tions and then I can send you let­ters and we’ll all play Risk. Or Pathfind­er if you feel like an RPG.

4. thsoundman - April 25, 2011 8:55 pm

While I do feel sor­ry for sony’s cus­tomers I don’t feel bad for sony. Sony brought this on them­selves when they start­ed mess­ing with the dark­side of the inter­net. They messed with groups who have 10 times more smarts then any­one on their engi­neer­ing teams and know how to take down a net­work.
    While I do agree with the hack­ers meth­ods I also under­stand why they are doing it. Sony bit off far more then it could chew and now they are pay­ing the price. Sony used ille­gal meth­ods to take down a “hack­er” who did noth­ing more then jail break a sys­tem he had paid for. IMO sony had this com­ing. Mess­ing with an every day “idiot” is one thing but mess­ing with high lev­el hack­ers is anoth­er. Hope­ful­ly sony will learn some­thing from their mis­take. If not I sus­pect they will have the same issues in the future.

5. gamecultist - April 26, 2011 1:30 pm

I per­son­al­ly don’t real­ly mind the PSN out­age. I can do oth­er things with­out feel­ing the need to ner­drage over PSN.
    I do how­ev­er feel that Sony should’ve come for­ward with more infor­ma­tion on the sub­ject, rather than let­ting bits of infor­ma­tion trick­le through and leav­ing the rest up to spec­u­la­tion.

6. PolloRojo - April 27, 2011 2:01 pm